Mega-events like the Olympics that are brought to millions, all the way down to weekly grassroots games that is for 10's of people, all require management.
This course teaches you how to strategically plan, manage and execute sporting events, whilst also teaching how to embrace innovation and creativity to ensure your event stands out in what is an extremely competitive sector.
(For more information on the contents of each module, you can click on the module breakdown tab to the right).
But first, what are the modules, and who are the industry playmakers leading the courses?
Budgeting & Financial Management: Simon Earl, Director of Finance, Commercial
The Role of Communications: Adrian Bevington, Former Director of Communications
Mass Participation Events: Penny Dain, Marketing and Communications Director
The Keys to Managing a Successful Event: Chloe Targett-Adams, Global Director of Race Promotion
Online & Digital Events: Andrew Haworth, Commissioner
Creativity in Producing Events: Andrew Friedlander, Chief Executive Officer
Strategic Management of Sports Events: Andrew Owen, Business Director
Attracting New Audiences through Impactful Events: Hass Aminian, Founder & CEO
02 Creativity in Producing Events
Evolution of Event Production Quiz
Innovation & Engagement Quiz
Content Production & Quality Control Quiz
03 The Role of Communication
Applications & Communications Quiz
Ensuring Marcomms Success Quiz
Navigating a Crisis Quiz
04 The Keys to Managing a Successful Event
Breakdown of Key Considerations Quiz
Building on Solid Foundations Quiz
Digital & Social Strategy Lesson
Digital & Social Strategy Quiz
05 Strategic Management of Sports Events
Strategy & Planning Quiz
Event Process & Managing Stakeholders Quiz
Event Infrastructure & Logistics Quiz
06 Mass Participation Events
Overview of Mass Participation Events Quiz
Challenges of Mass Participation Events Quiz
The Future of Mass Participation Events Quiz
07 Attracting New Audiences Through Impactful Events
Benefits of Hosting Sporting Events Quiz
Financial Impact & Development Quiz
Leaving a Legacy Quiz
08 Budgeting and Financial Management
The Basics of Budgeting and Planning Quiz
Public & Private Financing of Events Quiz
Budgeting & Revenue Streams Quiz
09 Online and Live Events
Esports - Live Events Quiz
Production of Online Events Quiz
Future Development of Esports Events Quiz
- We would recommend you watch the 6-minute welcome video from our CEO and Chairman which you can find here which explains the why, the what, the benefits and the purpose of the iSportLearn project
- We want to give you affordable access to the very best ‘Playmakers’ in the industry. Hugely experienced people working at the very best companies that operate within the business of sport.
- We are part of iSportConnect who have the world’s largest private network of sports business professionals and have been at the centre of the sports industry for over 10 years.
- Each course has eight modules led by an industry Playmaker.
- Each module is broken into three lessons which are followed by their own short quiz made up of three multiple choice questions. The questions are purely to ensure you have listened and taken in what has been discussed.
- Please also read the FAQ below on What is Included? (subtitles etc) as these are super helpful
- All of our contributors/speakers are called Playmakers
- They are some of the most senior executives working at some of the most important brands across the Industry - Brands, Federations, Governing Bodies, Teams, Broadcasters, etc
- iSportLearn is all about changing the sports Industry for the better and the Playmaker is traditionally the one person on the sports field that makes the most difference to a match. So we thought this was the most appropriate name for them.
- Yes, there are multiple choice quizzes throughout the lessons.
- It is very important you take your time as we will create a record of those that pass first time and those that require multiple attempts.
- To help answer the questions you should ensure you download all the resources. Again - please do read the What is Included? FAQ below
- Once you start the quiz you can’t dip in and out. Every time you do it is counted as a failed attempt.
- We will be working with employers to select those that pass the course with the minimal amount of attempts.
- Every Playmaker has a different style so it is important to be attentive.
- You can use the site to take notes and most of the lessons use slides and graphics
- All the slides and graphics are available as downloads via the download button to the right of the video/screen when taking the course.
- All courses are spoken in English and each course is between 6-8 hours in length.
- The content is practical rather than academic and you can use the site.
- Every course will eventually have subtitles (use the cc button on the video).
- While you are taking the course you will see a download button to the right of the Playmaker screen where we will have the subtitles as a downloadable transcript alongside any slides that were used and a glossary of industry terms and abbreviations. These may well help you when it comes to the quiz.
- All resources for a Module will be available for download in Lesson 1 of that particular module
- The Introduction to Sport course will cost $99 for all x8 modules
- Each Level 1 course also contains x8 modules and will cost $139
- We believe in continuous growth via knowledge so whether you are looking to break into the industry or take your skills to the next level, our courses can help you get there.
- You will learn some really practical information from some of the very top people within the sports industry.
- This will enable you to take your career forward or give you that little bit extra when applying for your first/next role. Help you stand out from the crowd.
- Regardless of your gender, age, seniority, race or location these courses really are for anyone.
- They will give you genuinely practical knowledge about how sport operates - the business of sport. Whether you currently work in the industry and want to add new skills & knowledge or whether you are looking to get your first role - these courses are designed to give you something extra.
- Our Introduction To Sport course is for those starting out. Possibly if you have just finished your education and you are looking to get into the industry or to find out what the industry is all about.
- The Level 1 courses take several subjects and go into each one in more depth. Ideal if you are in the industry and want to learn about a new area and broaden your knowledge
- iSportLearn is part of the iSportConnect family who have been at the centre of the sports industry for over 10 years. We built, designed and put the platform together.
- The actual course content was created by iSportLearn working alongside the same very senior Playmakers that we handpicked from the sports industry to give you this knowledge. So it really does come from the industry itself.
- To start this course all you need to do is click on the enrol button on the homepage.
- You will first need to register to access the courses and then we use the trusted Stripe payment method. We have designed this to be as simple and smooth an experience as we can
- We will collect your personal data at the end of the course so it’s easy to get started
- At this stage all courses are in English.
- All will eventually have subtitles and you will have a downloadable transcript available. This will be found via the download button once you start taking the courses.
- We will be translating the courses into other languages in due course such as Chinese (Mandarin), Indian (Hindi), Spanish, German & French.
- Once you have completed the course everyone will obtain a unique digital certificate that can be automatically added to your LinkedIn profile.
- All certificates will carry a QR code that can be confirmed by a future/current employer at our official accreditation site.
- You will have to complete all your personal data at this stage as you will notice we kept the initial registration as simple as possible
- iSportLearn has created a Foundation solely to increase diversity among people working within the sports industry.
- To support this effort, a proportion of every course payment will be put into a foundation. We will then work with other Foundations within the sports industry to create a larger pot of money.
- This money will be used to provide scholarships, job opportunities and also to fund free courses for those people who are more seriously disadvantaged or who would not have considered the sport industry as an option available to them.